Before encouraging you to consider which is the best ereader for the eyes, I want to draw attention to the effect of working/reading using computer and LCD screens. Almost on a daily basis, we are either on our computers, ipads, ipads or tablets.
What effect does a bad ereader have on our eyes?
Staring at screens of these devices especially bad ereaders for too long can cause the following:
• Eye fatigue
• Blurry vision
• Dry eyes
• Trouble focusing at a distance
• Neck, back, and shoulder pain
What can we do to minimize these effects?
• Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.
• If you are using a computer, position your computer so that your eyes are level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look slightly down at the screen.
• Check that no direct light is not causing a glare. Some people may need glasses to help with contrast, glare, and eye strain. Try and get yourself an anti-glare screen if needed.
• Ensure your glasses or contact lens prescription is up-to-date and adequate for computer use.
• If your eyes are dry, try to blink more.
• Every 20-25 minutes, rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds. At least every 2 hours, get up and take a 10-15-minute break. This will lessen eye fatigue.
There other steps you can take in caring for your eyes such as quit smoking, use safety eye wear if working with hazardous or airborne materials on the job or at home – wear safety glasses or protective goggles every time, and use sunglasses. You can also take care of your eyes when choosing an ereader.
Why the Kindle is the best eReader for the Eyes?
• EReaders, like Kindle PaperWhite and Kindle Voyage have E Ink screens, (or electrophoretic) while tablets have LCD screens and this makes all the difference.
• Reading on the Kindle is like reading a book. Books don’t provide the light, you do. This is why the Kindle is great in bright sunlight.
• Ambient light from the environment is reflected from the surface of the display back to your eyes. As with any reflective surface, the more ambient light, the brighter the display looks.
• LCD screens once had the edge when it came to reading in the dark as E Ink had a very low contrast ration. Guess what? The modern E Ink readers like the Kindle PaperWhite and Kindle Voyage an integrated light.
Taking care of the eyes is vitally important for one’s overall health. With so much time spent on devices, it is good to know that the Kindle, (especially the Kindle Voyage or Kindle Paper White) which according to amazon, is the best ereader for the eyes. They should be a must for those who read a lot.
If you would like to leave your personal review or experience or you have any questions, please do leave them below. I would love to hear your feedback!
Get the PRODUCT at the Lowest Price Here…